Monday, October 17, 2011

Hold On To

I know you are far away

but I’m not doing well you know

there’s a sadness when I try to let go

there is always a subtle justification

for every manifestation of “us”

I create.

I relate better to history.

Even when you were pissed at me

I loved deeply.

Your eyes would seep into me as home

but now

that was a long...long time ago.


time flows

life grows

and we haven’t enough sorrow

to hold on to everything.

Every scene

that ever brought us down


but you

I hold on to

like questions I can’t respond to.

you share my spirit

And I fear it has enlightened over time

to the point where it’s no longer mine

or even something I understand.

To be man around you

was not something I thought I could do

but then I did.

I place a bid on your sentimentality.

I just couldn’t pay my dues.

now there’s no you.

sure you still love me

what choice do you have?

Our hearts are a match.


now we’re older

colder to the idea of change

I wish you could re-arrange

your heart

and start longing again.

I wish you would open

because it’s cold

and I want to come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment