Sunday, April 29, 2012

Argument



 Well,  I like to be right.
This is what's left of the conversation
after our battle.
I should feel bad about it.
I should let sad grab a hold
of these untold emotions and
let oceans and oceans of
history, where you were
pissed at me,
spill out into tears.
Buckets of tears.
Fuck it, barrels of tears.
To the point
where it just seems queer.

No that's not a gay joke.
And I'm not saying this
just to provoke you or
to stoke you into a fire
That would be the opposite of what I desire.
What I want...is silence.
A blind sense that the world is at peace.
That this beast
has ceased telling me that I suck.
That I stuck my foot it again.
As if every sin isn't displayed
like the song Crimson and Clover
over and over in my fucking head.

I feel dead when I am talking to you.
There's no glue to your thought process
and it's all "you're going to have do this"
Well, I'm tired of this shit!
My head's already broken.
It folds in
when I try to hold on to a thought.
It's wrought with wispy wonders
that it understands are things with mass.
Did you take a science a class?
Do you know what I mean?
Joy is the steam in this engine,
I am stuck on the tracks.
And I can't relax in this state.
And I can't move to another one.
Do I have a son?
I feel like we should have kids.
It's the only explanation for anxiety like this.

For you to ride me like this.
For you to stand so proud
and ride around my hopelessness
like a carnival carousel.

I'm not sure you really understand
what this ride is.
I think your pride is misguided.
I'm standing one foot of the cliff
and your words are the stiff breeze
I need to blow me into the heavens.

There are seven stages of grief.
I think you've given me six.
I may have mixed my metaphors.
I may have peed in that bed of yours.
But that doesn't change the fact
That it's my bed too.
So I didn't just do it to you.
And for that
I bought myself some silence.


No comments:

Post a Comment