Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Tried


I died your arms last night.
I love that song.
It's got passion and it's not too long.
It's also got cheese
and I am lactose intolerant.
I feel like I get gas when I try to follow it.
I feel like the 80's was about being lost.
So when I got to the 90's
I didn't know where the fuck I was.
I tried being a hippy without a cause.
I tried playing drums and smoking a bunch of pot.
I tried ignoring responsibility
and tripping a lot.
I tried growing my hair out
to hide my face.
But it's so curly that didn't really take place.
I tried living with my dad
because I was down on my luck.
Amish country...between highway WTF
and rural route whatever-the-fuck.
I tried going to school
but even the girl couldn't get me to care.
I tried to be here
but I just kept ending up over there.
I tried plunging down
but my family just wouldn't let me fall.
I tried to score goals
without ever touching the ball.
I tried convince her
I was ready to be a dad.
But after the miscarriage
I wasn't really sad.
I tried to hold on to love
that was already dust in the air.
It's hard to realize
that with women, you're never really playing fair.
There are many ways to fail.
Trust me I have tried a slew.
Now I stand here, tired,
trying to succeed with you.
I am a simple creature.
Just don't let the music die.
It's the only thing that helps me
quiet the judge inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment