Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Darkness

It isn’t exactly darkness.

Forward and back

Nothing but black

But it isn’t exactly darkness.

I feel that

Tornado.

The endless twisting,

Missing

Compassion.

I stashed some

Happiness awhile back.

But this attack

Was a surprise

And I opened my eyes

To the black.

My stomach empties over it

Weight of the world?

I shoulder it.

What’s fair doesn’t matter

At least friends and God won’t shatter.

Break

Away.

But today.

The shade still lingers.

Icy cold fingers

I feel,

I swear their real

But I turn to find darkness.

My head argues with me

What could this be

El Negro Grande

But it isn’t exactly darkness.

It always seems worse

Especially at first

But what
I can handle

Holds water

Like a sandal

I know I’m right

That it’s definitely night

But it’s not exactly darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment