Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Proselytize

You want to move me to tears?

Then get me a beer

Sit right here

And tell me your fears.

Is it the black man?

Or the tax man?

This is wack, man,

The way you preach

Your disgust

Your distrust

You must have list

Wide as the mist

And just as cloudy.

Don't crowd me

Holmes,

With your stupid poems

About loving the earth

And birth

And the cel-e-bration of life

You seem odd to me.

You preach God to me?

You're the seventh son

Of a bitch

Who keeps prodding me.

It's no day to pray

I will sway away

From what you say.

You're a wind-up toy

And Joy

To the world

You scream as you twirl

I don't feel your elation

I'm tired of the celebration

Don't tell me to love the creator

While you take a shit on the creation!

I'm falling a part

At the seams

It would seem

That I'm a dream

You once had

A passing fad

A reminder of Dad

But you can't change me

It's strange

I range towards angry.

But this face

THIS - FACE

Doesn't say save me.

Doesn't say help me.

It's says leave me.

It's my hell

If I want it.

Not to flaunt it

But you came to me.

You asked me

For my attention

And now the tension

That carry

In my neck

And my back

Won't let me relax

Won't let me hear

What you say

Today.

I know I'm going to die

I think I know why

So don't ask me

To behave myself.

Take this boat

And try to save yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment