Thursday, July 8, 2010

That Woman is Amazing

…this maze I can’t figure out. When every turn is reciprocated with a similar view and every wall seems higher than the last. Oh, I have been walking for days. I keep asking myself all these questions. “What is your purpose?”, “What is hers?”, “When will we get there?” Every answer is the same…just keep moving.

I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for pride. I told her I could solve this thing. Said, I would do it faster, BETTER, than anyone before. Now the circles I wander in, mirror the thoughts in my mind. She’s foreboding soul. You can’t just let her challenge you and then step down. She’ll lose interest. Or worse yet, she’ll lose faith.

But I’m an idiot, none-the-less. It finally becomes important and I decide to do a maze in pen. Well, in manner of speaking, anyway. Full bore into my final destination because I can’t say no to that woman.

You want to know the weird thing? I walk. I stumbled over debris and vines, and small walls. Walk around the big ones. Plenty of barricades but no shade from the sun. I do all of this and truth of the matter is, she never actually asked me to. She just looked at me. Look at me with eyes of confusion and distance and said…

No comments:

Post a Comment