Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's Always More Complicated

This cold breeze

Tends to blow the me’s and we’s

to the balconies

Of our respective shows

But who knows

What kind of view is up there.

I mean,

I don’t care

Yet I continue to stare.

And, I’m constantly aware

That I’ve fared well

in this game of life.

Yet the same knife

That’s cutting through you

Is

Cutting through me too.

The world’s problems,

I can’t solve them

I can’t help them

Too surrounded by mayhem.

It causes…no sleep

It causes…nose bleeds

And they don’t stop

No, they don’t cease.

Christ!

I’m dying out here

Am I acting like a baby?
Will nothing ever save me?

And what good would it do

To throw my hands up?

What?

So I can flex my muscles

Try to look tough?

I’m an aging man.

I’m a tired man.

I’m the only one.

Who seems to understand.

And so, I’m drowning…

Slowly.

In my comprehension

Of the situation

I got no raft

Zero floatation

Device.

Twice

I’ve cried about this.

My slice

Of pie is not big.

And they laugh…

And they splash…

And they’re fast…

To discount the truth.

And this…

Simply this…

Is what I’m saying to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment