Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pieces of Time

In the distance

She cries.

Up close

She tries

To find

The time

To reverse

The mind

The memories

The thoughts.

Feeling distraught

She slumps in a chair

Across from me, there

And she bears

A resemblance

Of her former self.

The self

That needed no help

Help from me

Help from he

Help from ther-a-py.

It’s all distraction.

This reaction

Is a terrible vice

It’s a splice

Of wires

Inside her

That bring

Together

The red

And the blue

True

There’s a reason

They are separate.

A reason
She’s feels desperate.

But sharing

Is not where we are.

In fact we’re far

From that

Fact.

We’re far
From that act.

We’re volleying

For the serve.

The nerve

Of this girl.

I don’t mean the gall.

No not all.

I means guts.

Bravery

Determination

Big huge nuts.

This girl

Has it.

She says

Her mind’s elastic

Stretches with her

Every word.

Absurd?

In some company

In some therapy.

But here

In my house.

As she lays

Upon my couch.

I see

It’s elasticity.

It bends

It squirms.

Her memories

Are worms.

Where is the head?

Where is the end?

Cut them

In half

And they’ll

Continue to fend

For their misery

Despair is an eatery

And she

Wants

Me to see.

That it’s possible

To toss the bull

Aside

And find

Pieces of her mind

This time.

One time.

No comments:

Post a Comment