Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Word Hinged Desire

There she stands

With her beautiful, dark

Soft shaded hands

Filling my ears

With her fears

And shit

Telling about life

And what to do with it

She’s distorted

But focused

Demeanor

Is hopeless

Life is one thing

And somehow

She knows this.

She twirls

And sings

Sans diamond rings

And I got this

Thing

For her

For sure

I want this blur

To go away.

The eyes have it

Today
And they trace

Their way

Across the soft

Curves of her roads

In her hand

She holds

A single white rose

And as she

Pulls it from her nose

She believes

It’s destiny.

I believe

It’s death to me.

I believe

It doesn’t have love’s position

With its lack of color

And thorny disposition.

She just smiles

And sets

Down the rose

And gets

An empty book.

She sits.

She writes

Then she looks

Me over

Can I hold her?

She’s 10,000 miles away.

Give me a break

Dear lord.

Can’t you see her

On the floor?

As she pours

And pours

Her soul into words

Rounds her nouns

Into herds

Of spotted sentences

And striped blurbs.

The page

Is a mess.

But her pen

Must be blessed.

Because the thoughts

Expressed

Progress

Undress

Then regress

In time.

Epic fantasy
Sublime.

I wish

She was mine.

I wish

All the

Time

I don’t have

To do this math

It’s half

Again

This fifth of gin

Before I

Stumble in

And sin

One can’t win

But she fills her pages.

She rages

In stages

Jealous of her sight

Insight

It’s all right

If the past

Won’t eat ya

It’s all night

If the love

Don’t beat ya

But my eyes

Are tired

They feel

On fire

From verbiage inspired.

From the word hinged desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment