Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tracks of Time

I was staring down the tracks

To get some perspective.

Cause I want my thoughts

In their respective slots.

And I caught

A cold about a year ago.

My body’s not letting go.

I don’t fear it though.

Just astounded.

Surrounded

By my moods and shit

Hundreds of ways

To deal with it.

But none,

Not one,

Even makes sense.

And hence,

I’m drenched

In the stench

Of this monkey wrench

Thrown into my system.

I remember,

Along time ago,

Playing all alone.

I had seventy-five toys

And the music of my choice.

Now I’m just struggling

To hear my voice.

Why?

Oh why

Has the world gone crazy?

Everyone’s right

And it’s a new problem daily.

What I need now

Is some self respect.

Not a new car

Or even a bigger paycheck.

I’ve been down roads

I’ve told

All the stories.

They bore me

And gore me.

Now I am torn apart.

And I’m always waking

With an aching

In my heart.

But I can’t run away

And these streets

Won’t take me

Safely

Away.

No comments:

Post a Comment