Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Make Time, My Friend

As I sit here

Trying to figure out ways
I can use the earth’s rotation

As a shortcut

To get closer to you,

I also wonder what happened.

There was an initial disbelief

In the energy I felt.

And now,

That same energy

Drives my belief system.

But the truth is

I be, where I be

And there I stand, alone.

Never fully breathing.

Always slightly reeling.

But your importance grows

With every half breath.

I have begun to notice the future.

And through all this.

Through all the talks

And exchanges

I realized one thing

That I didn’t think I could know.

Love has put its arms around me

And sat me down in front of the clock.

And now it’s all tick-tock
And months to go by.

With that being true,

I guess I will make time…my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment