Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Love Tends to Win

If I only had a thousand dreams left.

And only one of them was about you.

I would thank God for our moment in time.

How ever fictitious.

Because life is about love.

Love, as it stands, is about you.

There's a fire that we’re building

But we don't know what we're going to burn.

Fitting, that your eyes are as golden as the sun.

They warm me, as such.

There is so much comfort being wasted.

Especially when warmth is being turned to fire.

I have to tell myself

That I have not the water to put this out.

Or better yet, I have not the means.

But I have my dreams.

And all ready we have shared more than one.

Yet, in a way, we share but one.

But we can't control tomorrow.

And I'm sorry for your sorrow.

But as you sit there.

Brushing your hair back

Wiping the tears from your cheeks.

Remember, that love, is rarely denied.

Love, tends to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment