Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Longing Goes Deeper

I should have found it strange
That her amber eyes warmed me.
Two coals from a fire
Embedded nicely above
The fine slope of her nose.

When my gaze met hers
I felt hypnotized
Completely
If the command was
To walk through walls
Life would fade to apparition
And I would saunter through.

Undisturbed
But not undisrupted.
Her physicality is a precious moment
In time.
Every curve is a letter.
Magnificent S’s and
Soft, subtle C’s.

But the longing goes deeper.

She moves like smoke
In the sunlight.
Never sure of her direction.
Yet every switch and dip
Is graceful…beautiful.

When she speaks
The words come out as a symphony.
So intricate and concise
I feel like my understanding
Has been banished to stupidity

She’s decided to dance with me.
A soft, slow waltz of
Sensuous sharing and
Carefully crafted conversation.
I want her
Even when I have her.

That kind of energy
Is rarely known.
That kind of feeling
Is rarely uncovered.

© 2007 Timely Disposition

No comments:

Post a Comment