Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Footsteps and Short Breaths

If you dance,

I can hear your footsteps.

I can feel your short breaths.

I can see you smile.

Let’s take a walk.

We could have a long talk.

It could be all my fault.

At least for awhile.

I’m not gonna try.

Any harder than I have been.

I’ve caught you laughin’.

And that’s brought me down.

Oh, that’s brought me down.

If you think about it.

Maybe you could leave me.

It would be so easy.

It wouldn’t make me cry.

So how about it?

You could walk out that door.

And not bother me no more.

Because this well’s run dry.

So you want to live.

So I want to love you.

Somehow rise above you.

And look down in your eyes.

I’m tired of falling---I’m tired of crawling---I’m tired of longing---And I’m tired of you.

I’ve cried myself out.---I’ve taken you down---I’ve got to leave---This God damn town.

I can’t take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment