Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Time Away from Time

I enjoy myself

Laughing with you,

Passing with you.

Looks of

Fire

Haphazard

Sunshine

Blow your mind

Desire.

You move

In a deserted way.

All day

Everyday

I play

Your host.

The most

Work I could do

Is forgotten

On you.

Your face

When you gaze over

And over

And over.

Your eyes

Sing to me

What this brings

To me

Is mystery.

Because the past

Is not shared.

The soul

Is not bared.

Though I’ve seen

Glimpses

Hints and

This is

A stand I won’t take.

A mistake

It would make.

But the questions

Of it

Are infinite

And distant

Don’t try

To read this thought

It’s been bought

And paid for

Slaved for.

Now I’m going home.

Alone

But your presence

Will reign.

When I take

Time

Away from time.

I’ll visit

That spot

In my mind

And find

You’re still smiling

At me

Find

You’re right behind

Me

Like history

Listen to me.

This is not love

But the feeling

Is similar

To a pillar.

Not the one

You sleep on,

But the one

You bank on.

To hold you up

When the tide

Comes in.


No comments:

Post a Comment