Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Remember Your Eyes

I remember your eyes.

The distance between you and them was amazing.

But I never gave up until the ring was on your finger.

Unfortunately I didn’t put it there.

Now you’re gone.

I do find strength in missing you.

Also I find weakness in preserving you.

I mean, every time you wept because another man hurt you.

I thought, somewhere inside, you smiled because I didn’t.

I thought,

She has to see that when it came to the “beating” of her heart

I was the only true pacifist she knew.

So do you think she thinks of me

When she sleeps

Or in those times when someone brings up “those times”.

I don’t know what to do.

Should I let her live in my memories

Or strive for a future rendezvous.

I could

Vary the ways in which I deal with pain.

Maybe just

Expect my head to give me more of a lesson from this and less of a lecture.

I can’t just

Hand my sorrows on to the next girl I counter or

Encode my feelings for some shrink to figure out.

No.

I just

Rest my heart on those feelings and hope it’s comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment