Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Do Onto Others...

Sit in the grass

That’s what I do.

Quietly thinking

Those thoughts of you.

The sun in my eyes.

The green in my grass.

The confusion that grows.

The pain in my ass.

I don’t want to run.

I don’t have the time.

I’ll go with what works.

I’ll follow my mind.

I’ll focus on a goal.

I take in the light.

I can’t be removed

By the darkness of night.

All we do is fight,

But that has to stop.

Just sit back and relax.

Let the tensions drop.

If you take away the hate.

You take away the edge.

You can see the whole world.

Just stand on the ledge.

If you smile on me,

Then, I’ll smile on you.

Every problem is as simple

As the golden rule.

So your world is not ending

And neither is mine.

Just sit and be patient.

Life…love, will all come in time.

Pride is not option

Nor is it an issue.

When you trying to find

That thing that bit you.

Whatever it is that hurt you

Whatever brought you down,

It’s completely possible

That it is still around.

But if you have peace within,

You’ll have peace without.

And I guess that’s exactly,

What I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment