Thursday, July 8, 2010

It

....It's just that I remember how bad I wanted to see her naked. It was unfair. This red headed, "Amazonian", lovely, lovely lady was all I could think about. She always smelled like fruit and cigarettes. Which was almost a perfect metaphor for us. I love fruit but I just quit smoking. I feel like I didn't know anything about her. But I feared that if I dove deeper into her psyche, I would hate her. So I continued to stand on the surface.

There came a day where I called her and asked her to get up and see "Sideways". A movie about stupid love, stupider lust, and wine. Three things I wanted to share with this woman. At the movie I made a completely conscious decision not to touch her. I mean she blew into my world so suddenly. The movie ended and we made plans for the evening. The only thing that kept this moment from perfection, was the awkward thought I had on whether or not to hug her. Damn she was beautiful.

The evening came in and we went out. There was smoky bar of soul music that surrounded our conversation. The Undercurrent underlined her sad words with a perfect blue. She told me about the life she was trying to leave so she could start living. It was a little sad to me. But her eyes put such a smile on me, you wouldn't have known. The concert ends at one and we rise to leave. I place her coat on her shoulders and put on mine. We walk up the stairs from this underground establishment and into the street. There was one couple, then two and so on. The mood built with every passing lover. It was electricity. It almost hurt. Then as I turn towards her, I am being pinned in a doorway. She's kissing me. I couldn't think. It was awesome. It seemed an eternity until she pulled away. Her eyes burned me. I loved it. She is just stunning.

I manuever my car back to my home. She gets out but heads for my door, not her car. I could not contain my smile. She walked into my house. She looked at the stairway to my room and smiled. At that moment, reality chose a time to punch me in my mind. I wanted to see her naked. I've said that. But, I also want to see her again...

No comments:

Post a Comment