Thursday, July 8, 2010

Death Defining

It’s a struggle in this world. To accept life. To accept love. It’s a monumental task to see beauty, in the languish that we feel on a continual basis. And she, this sorrowful soul of a girl, is not handling it well.

Her days are spent searching for distractions. From morning until night it’s too hard to breathe. She is slow to realize that it’s a vicious circle. She is only distracting herself from distractions. The root of the issue sits comfortably in a bubble of ignorance, rather avoidance.

You can’t blame her though. It should be impossible to watch someone deteriorate in front of your eyes. To watch the life drain slowly toward their eyes. All the while, knowing that you will one day peer into them and see the last flicker swirl down through the iris. It should be impossible, but people do it. Heroes…all of them.

I have yet to experience death to someone whose life is truly tangled into mine. My reaction now, from afar, is that of acceptance. But people who stand outside the circle are never truly part of the game. Therefore, their love and support is nice, but it is far from empathy. And even empathy is far from what you feel.

These are my assumptions. I will never truly put myself in her shoes. I will never truly understand why she holds me at a distance. All I can do is love and hope she finds some kind of shelter in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment