Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Distance Doesn't Shrink

She steps away from me.

It’s so easy.

It blows my mind

She doesn’t see me.

It’s so easy.

I hoped we could be friends.

But lines started to bend

And then

We started to spend

The earliest light

To the latest night.

And now we fight

For who’s right.

We fight

To incite

Emotion.

Rather commotion.

Locomotion,

With no tracks.

I attack.

You attack.

“I’ll get you back.”

Words get stacked

Until they all fall down.

Get scattered on the ground.

And now

I’m astounded.

By our ability to forget where we started.

We were both broken hearted.

And now two years together

And we’re both broken hearted.
I though you would help.

Shit, I can beat up myself.

So, what separates you

From everybody else?

No comments:

Post a Comment