Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Family Life

Family life

Had me right

Where I needed to be

You see

It was comfy

When we had me

A brother

And a mother.

No other

External factors.

These detractors

Life, Liberty

And Love

Put themselves above

My greater good

Make themselves

My neighborhood

Where I’m

Suppose to rest my mind

And take my time

To figure out debt.

To make me regret

Waking up in the morning

Yawning

And taking a much needed piss.

This

Takes away the concept

Of home.

It takes the throne

Right out my house.

It keeps a spouse

From ever

Figuring me out

It keeps a spouse

From ever coming in my house.

There’s no charm

In growing up

It’s like throwing up

At a party.

It’s partly

My fault.

And you insult

My intelligence

When you try to make

Relevance

Out of the dance

They dub

“Growing Up”

It’s just something

That happens.

It’s just a form of entrapment.

But when you try

To change something the works

You just

Make it worse.

LORD I want to curse

I’m so mad.

If I had

Five minutes back

From every day

I was at play

I could have

So much fun right now.

I could be the one

To show you how

To make light

Of the coming situation

To hold tight

During the vibrations

Because my earth

Is quaking.

It’s making sure

I don’t sleep

Too soundly

Because all around me

Are lessons to learn

And burn me

If I don’t hate this shit

But I live with it.

And you live it.

Because trying

Has GOT to better than dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment