Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Throne Alone

I took a chance
On happenstance
The dance
Of risk
Missed
The list
And now I'm pissed

Buy my fists
Aren't weapons
They're a
Position
My hands are in
That blocks
The pen
It blocks
The zen
So I stay away.

See
I'm a
Soldier with no guns
I'm a
clown that's no fun
I'm the
Sun before dawn
I'm pointless

And you should
Point
Less at me
And more
At we

Because
The problems
Are ours
The stars
Lined up that thought
And I fought
And fought
But I ought
To have seen

That life is no dream
It's the space
Between
And it can't
Just be me
Who has
The ability
To see
Empathy

But if I
Get up, Stand up
Go on
Throw my hands up
Will I be alone
On this throne
Of action
Will the
Reaction Be
It is he
Who cares
We're just us
Over there.

Or will we
Unite
Tonight
And take a bite
Out of the sour
Flour
That makes up
Our bread
Maybe we
Can smile instead
Maybe we
Can dance
On something more
Than happenstance


It's our only chance


© 2007 Timely Disposition

No comments:

Post a Comment