Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First Sight Kind of Love

Dark days in this corner bar.
It so far off
The beaten path.
It has
Ambience
Cigarettes and booze
Spilling on my shoes
It has
Ambience.
Across the room
I see the shadow
Swallow
Half of your face
And my mind starts to pace
It does circles
And hurdles
Hoping for the light.
Hoping for the sight
To see through
The darkened half.
The jazz is playing
The piano is saying
Words
The bassist getting hers
And the smoke seems to thicken.
To be stricken.
It's a moment.
You have to hold it
Or it can turn into frenzy.
It can turn into love.
First sight kind of love.
Dynamite kind of love.
And liquor won't help.
It just brings you to brave
'Til you just can't behave.
And the darkness still consumes
Half of your face.
Hello
Two syllable word
Why can't I say it.
Hello.
You seem lovely tonight.
Why can't I say it.
JUST LET GO!
As the drummer ups the tempo
And the sultry singer steps slow
To the mic
The moment is right
Half your face day
The other half night
Of which glimpses I see
By your cigarette light.
But the fight
Is too strong
I waited to long.
And as I stand
The band
Ends the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment