Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer

When the ice breaks

My mood lightens.

Spring strengthens my stature.

I walk upright

No longer weighted

By threads and leathers.

Summer hums near.

Its song of birds and laughter

Give it away

Before the Fahrenheit

Announces its presence.

The lakeshore is uneven

From Winter’s slow crawl

I walk along

My balance is tenuous

But I manage.

The sun beams down

On the rippled water.

If you stare to long

The world goes silent.

There is only the dance.

The aquatic waltz

Is double time and

I am flashed back.

I might have gotten lost

In this trance

Had the clouds not been children and

Interrupted the song.

With my new found consciousness

And respect for this season

I walk on

Until the Sun finishes her act

And they set the stage for the evening show.

No comments:

Post a Comment