Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What Our Love...

I sit my room,

In my house,

On a busy street.

And I think to myself,

If I knew that one of those cars

Was going your way

I'd become luggage in the trunk.

Or better yet,

I would ask them for a ride.

Because I would like to talk to them.

I would tell them all about

This Angel in the south.

This, this woman that makes me feel.

By the time I reached Missouri

They would love you too.

They would love you so much

They would start imagining what our kids

Would look like.

What a our house would look like.

What our love

Would look like.

This is thought they would have

For days on end.

That, dear lady,

Is still only a portion

Of the attention you deserve.

That is only part

Of what I have to give.

You, the Golden Eyed Friend.

You, the woman IN my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment